Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Research Day Three - Scottish Genealogy Society

We had a later start this morning since the SGS opens a wee bit later than the other archives.


 
Given the limited space available in the SGS, I left the group in the capable hands of the volunteers and made my way over to the National Library to order some documents for tomorrow. I made a detour to St Giles first.
 





 
Of course the masterpiece of St Giles, is quite likely the Thistle Chapel
 


 

 
Of course, no trip to the Royal Mile is complete without enjoying the characters that are routinely sprinkled along the street.
 


 
I did make it over to the NLS and ordered the documents I would like to peruse tomorrow when we visit as a group. Then I headed back down to the National Records of Scotland to consult the records of the appeals court as well as the kirk session records. Another very productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment